**The MAECC is now accepting applications**
The MA in English: Composition & Communication theory and practice related to producing and teaching various forms of nonfiction writing. Our flexible program accommodates current and future teachers (secondary and post-secondary) and professional writers and editors, as well as those who want to pursue doctoral studies in rhetoric & composition and/or other writing-related fields.
Here's what we can offer you:
- Four core courses (12 credits) and a variety of electives (18 credits)
- Classes offered in online and hybrid formats convenient for working adults
- Small class sizes offering plenty of individualized attention to your specific needs and interests
- Two capstone choices: either 24 course credits plus a thesis (6 credits) or 30 course credits plus an exit portfolio.
- Graduate teaching assistantships for full-time students
- Professional development opportunities, e.g., conferences presentations, workshops, etc.
Your Career Opportunities
- Dual-enrollment or college-level writing instructor
- Consultant, editor, and/or writer in a variety of employment sectors, i.e., business, education, government, non-profit.
- Preparation for doctoral programs in rhetoric & composition, technical/professional writing, English education.
Click here to start your application to the MA program in English Composition & Communication today!