Who We Are
NCTE @ CMU is an Official Student affiliate of the National Council of Teachers of English, a professional organization devoted to improving the teaching and learning of English and language arts at all levels of education.
Members of NCTE @ CMU have opportunities to network with English teacher leaders on campus, in our community, and across the state from professional organizations including The Chippewa River Writing Project, and Michigan Council of Teachers of English. Members also have the opportunity to meet and collaborate with student affiliates from other institutions such as Western Michigan University and Michigan State University.
Additional benefits include:
- Learn from local teachers and administrators through our monthly guest speaker series
- Gather artifacts for ePortfolios
- Prepare for the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification
- Attend and present at state and national conferences
Ways to Get Involved
- Attend one or more of our regularly scheduled events throughout the semester. Check our Facebook for upcoming events.
- Become a member. Dues are $15 for one semester or $25 for the year.
- Join us in attending our MCTE conference in East Lansing, MI this October.
- Run for a position on eBoard, like Programming Chair, Social Networking Chair, or Fundraising Chair
Twitter: @nctecmu Facebook: NCTE at CMU Gmail: firstname.lastname@example.org