German Study Abroad Scholarships & Awards
Charlotte B. Evans Scholarship: This scholarship was established in 1988 in honor of Charlotte B. Evans, former CMU German professor and department chairperson between 1977 and 1988. The scholarship benefits CMU German majors and minors for study abroad.
- Recipient must be a German minor or major
- Recipient cannot have freshman standing by the time of the study abroad term
- Recipient must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Recipient must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher in German
Jacques E. & Helen M. Baer Perry Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 1988 by Jacques E. Perry (Class of 1949) and Helen M. Baer Perry (Class of 1950) for a junior or senior majoring in a world language who has a 3.0 or higher GPA. The applicants must be able to clearly articulate in an essay the role that their world language studies play in their future career.
- Recipient must be a CMU junior or senior
- Recipient must be a French, German, or Spanish major with an overall and language-specific GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Students cannot receive the scholarship more than once
CMU/Federation of German-American Club Exchange Scholarships
This scholarship is intended for CMU German majors in their junior or senior year of studies. It is an exchange scholarship allowing for three CMU students to study at a German university for a year. You must be a German major. This is the only scholarship in the German program that follows a different application process with a different deadline (Nov. 15) Please contact program advisor Dr. Daniela Richter (email@example.com) for more information.
Eric H. Kadler Study Abroad Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2005 by Dr. Eric H. Kadler, former Professor of French and department chair. He was born in Czechoslovakia and spoke several languages. With this scholarship, he particularly wanted to support students who are studying more than one world language.
- Recipient must study in a country where French, German, or Spanish is the official language
- Recipient must have junior or senior standing at CMU and be a French, German, or Spanish major while also pursing a second major or minor in another foreign language
- Recipients should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 in their major and an overall GPA of 2.7 or higher
FLLC/CHSBS Study Abroad Grant
This grant is given out in the fall and spring semester for students in French, Spanish, German, and Japanese, who wish to study abroad in their respective language program. This is a competitive grant based on academic merit and financial need.
FLLC/CHSBS SUMMER Study Abroad Grant
Click here to download the Scholarship Application Form FOR ALL SCHOLARSHIPS