Modern Europe, U.S. History, Military History
Hall is a PhD candidate at Central Michigan University and is expected to
defend in spring 2018. He earned a Joint Masters of Arts in History from
Central Michigan University and Friedrich-Schiller-Universität-Jena in Jena,
Germany in 2016. In 2013-14 he was a Fulbright Grantee in Cologne, Germany,
where he taught English as well as German and U.S. history at Friedrich Wilhelm
Gymnasium. In addition, he was able to study at the Universität zu Köln and
continue researching and writing the article “The Befriended Enemy: German
Prisoners of War in Michigan during World War Two,” which was published in the Michigan Historical Review in 2015.
Allied ‘Luftgangster’ and
the German Population: The Killing and Mistreatment of Downed American Airmen
in Germany during World War II
Research and Teaching Interests
German History, Military History, U.S. History, Social Science History, Holocaust and Genocide Studies, Crime and Justice, Michigan History, Science and Technology, Corporate History
- 20th Century Western World Issues
Teaching Assistant Experience
- Native American History
- History of Michigan
- U.S. History through Michigan
- German Historical Institute - Washington D.C. (06/2015 - 09/2015) - Research Assistant
- NS-Documentation Center - Cologne, Germany (01/2014 - 03/2014) - Research Assistant
- Roman-German Museum - Cologne, Germany (11/2013 - 01/2014) - Intern
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program - Cologne, Germany (09/2013 - 06/2014) - English Teaching Assistant at Friedrich Wilhelm Gymnasium for English and German history
- Meyer Werft - Papenburg, Germany (02/2013 - 05/2013) - Corporate History Archival Intern
- BASF - Ludwigshafen, Germany (10/2012 - 12/2012) - Corporate History Archival Intern
- Volkswagen - Wolfsburg, Germany (05/2011 - 08/2011) - Corporate History Archival Intern
- Central European History Society
- Fulbright Alumni Association
- German Studies Association
- Society of Military History
- Central Michigan University Graduate Student Conference - Best Transnational Paper (Runner Up) - 2017
- College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences - Central Michigan University (Best Graduate Student Paper) - 2015
- Fulbright Grantee - 2013-2014
- "The American Wunderwaffe: The History and Influence of Drones in World War II" U.S. Military History Review, (U.S. Military History Group), Volume 4, Number 1, Forthcoming.
- "Peter Hurst." In Immigrant Entrepreneurship: German-American Business Biographies, 1720 to the Present, volume 4, edited by Jeffrey Fear. German Historical Institute, Washington DC. http://www.immigrantentrepreneurship.org/entry.php?rec=1, Forthcoming.
- "Enemy Aliens" in Global Economic History: An Encyclopedia of People, Ideas and Institutions that Created the Modern World Economy, edited by Kerry Pannell, (ABC-Clio), Forthcoming.
- "The Befriended Enemy: German Prisoners of War in Michigan during World War Two", Michigan Historical Review, (Central Michigan University, spring 2015).
- Review of Daniels, Roger. The Japanese American Cases: The Rule of Law in Time of War. H-USA, H-Net Reviews. March, 2015.
- Review of Offley, Ed, The Burning Shore: How Hitler's U-Boats Brought World War II to America. H-USA, H-Net Reviews. February, 2015.
- Review of Tec, Nechama, Resistance: Jews and Christians Who Defied the Nazi Terror. H-USA, H-Net Reviews. January, 2015.
- Review of Harding, Stephan, The Last Battle: When U.S. and German Soldiers Joined Forces in the Waning Hours of World War II in Europe. H-USA, H-Net Reviews. January, 2015.
Open CV for Kevin Hall