The Museum Advancement Board provides a gyroscope for the museum's present and a compass for its future. The mission of the Museum Advancement Board is to enhance the development of the museum as a key contributor to the educational mission and public service role of Central Michigan University. Board members advance the museum's role by serving as communication links between the museum and its stakeholders and constituencies. The Board provides advice to the museum director on museum policies, assists the director with strategic planning, fundraising, marketing, and public relations, and advises the Dean of the College of Humanities and Social & Behavioral Science (CHSBS) on his administrative oversight of the director.
Established in 2008, the Museum Advancement Board (MAB) meets three times a year and is composed of university faculty and staff and local community members along with the faculty members of the museum staff. Currently, the board is composed of three individuals from the Mt. Pleasant community and seven university employees.
Museum Advancement Board 2012-2013 Members
- Dr. Shane Cavanaugh, Teacher Education & Professional Development
- Dr. Pamela Gates, College of Humanities & Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Mr. John Harkins, Lease Management, Inc.
- Dr. Jay Martin, Museum of Cultural & Natural History and History
- Ms. Gail Moore, College of Science & Techonology
- Dr. Kirsten Nicholson, Museum of Cultural & Natural History and Biology
- Dr. Al Quick, Emeritus Professor
- Mr. Gary Skory, Midland County Historical Society
- Dr. Charles Hastings, Sociology, Anthropology, & Social Work
- Ms. Lesa Smith, College of Humanities & Social & Behavioral Sciences
- Dr. Martin Steinbis, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences