- Position: Professor
- Department: Political Science & Public Administration
- Campus Address: Anspach Hall 313D
- Phone: (989)774-1621
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vitae: Curriculum Vitae
- Ph.D., Political Science, December 1998
Dissertation: "Civic Friendship, Ancient and Modern"
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
- M.A., Political Science, December 1996
The College of Wooster, Wooster, Ohio
- B.A., Political Science, May 1989
Honors Independent Study Thesis: "Judicial Decision-Making and Abortion"
Fields of Specialization
- Greek and Roman Political Theory
- Democratic Political Theory
- Liberalism and Communitarianism
Current Research Interests
The political philosophy of Aesop's Fables and the Life of Aesop as they have been interpreted and used from Greek times to the present. Also, the political philosophy of Alasdair MacIntyre, particularly the relationship of his most recent work to the literature on caring that has been developed by feminist writers.
Dr. Clayton served as the PSC MA Program Director from Spring 2013 - Spring 2017 and served as the Interim Department Chair Spring 2017 semester.
He is serving as the interim Woman and Gender Studies Director for Spring and Summer 2018.