- Position: Assistant Professor
- Department: Political Science & Public Administration
- Campus Address: Anspach Hall 313B
- Phone: (989)774-1926
- Email: email@example.com
- Vitae: Curriculum Vitae
Prakash Adhikari is an assistant professor in the Department of Political Science at Central Michigan University. His research and teaching interests lie at the intersection of comparative politics and international relations, with specific focus on civil war, forced migration and transitional justice. Dr. Adhikari has published in American Journal of Political Science (AJPS), International Studies Quarterly (ISQ), Journal of Conflict Resolution (JCR), among others and has several ongoing research projects. His research has been supported by a grant from the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF). He also received three competitive awards from the University of New Mexico (Dean's Dissertation Fellowship, Regents Graduate Fellowship, and the Clyde E. and Garnet G. Starkey Scholarship Award) for his dissertation work, and in May 2013, he was awarded the prestigious university-wide Popejoy Dissertation Prize for the best dissertation over the last three years.
Dr. Adhikari is the advisor for the Amnesty International Chapter at CMU (AI-CMU).
- Ph.D., with distinction, Political Science. University of New Mexico (2011)
- M.A., Political Science. University of New Mexico (2007)
- M.A., Economics. Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal (1997)
- B.A., Honors, Economics. North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong, India (1991)
Fields of Research and Teaching Interests
- Comparative Politics
- International Relations
- Armed Conflicts
- Forced Migration
- Transitional Justice and Reparations
- South Asian Politics
Adhikari, Prakash. 2013. “Conflict-Induced Displacement, Understanding the Causes of Flight.” American Journal of Political Science 57(1): 82-89.