Barbara P. Greene Endowed Scholarship in Political Science
Established in 2004 by Sarah and Edward Cohen (daughter and son-in-law) and friends of Barbara Greene. Barbara was a professor and chair of the political science department prior to her death in 2001. Income from this endowment will support a scholarship for students enrolled in the political science department who have interest in state and local government.One scholarship will be awarded. Application deadline is the spring semester.
- Scholarship awarded to a CMU student majoring in political science, with an interest in state and local government.
- Minimum GPA 3.00 on a 4.0 scale.
- Preference given first to MPA and MA graduate students, followed by undergraduate seniors and juniors.
- The award will be made only if highly qualified applicants apply.
- Apply with a formal letter, a resume, and contact information for three references who will speak to your career interests in Political Science.
- Questions should be addressed to Dr. Lawrence Sych, 989-774-3316,
>>Click here to view the Greene scholarship overview
was awarded the 2011-2012 Barbara P. Greene Scholarship in the amount of $2,000. Stoutenburg is an MPA student at CMU's Global Campus East Lansing location.
He is a 2006 graduate of Cass City (MI) High School. He received a Bachelor of Science with a major in Political Science and a minor in Legal Studies from Central Michigan University in 2010. He began working as a legislative aide in the Michigan House of Representatives in 2009 and began his current job as a legislative analyst with the House Fiscal Agency in 2011.