B.A.; B.S.; B.A.A. degrees
A Public Affairs Minor consists of 24 hours and is offered by the Department of Journalism and the Department of Political Science and Public Administration.
The minor brings together courses designed to provide skills and knowledge for the student with a career interest in public affairs communication.
- Only JRN 202 (3) can be double-counted by Journalism majors and minors.
- Only PSC 105 (3) can be double-counted by Political Science majors and minors.
- Credits from only one internship, either Journalism or Political Science, can be counted toward the Public Affairs Minor.
- Internship hours are limited to 3.
Required Courses (12 hours)
- JRN 202WI (3)Writing for the Mass Media
- JRN 350 (3) Public Relations Principles and Practices
- PSC 105 (3) Introduction to American Government and Politics
- PSC 261 (3) State and Local Government
Electives (12 hours)
- JRN 360 (3) Advertising Principles
- JRN 450WI (3) Public Relations Writing
- JRN 551WI (3) Case Studies in Public Relations
- JRN 556 (3) Public Relations Seminar
- JRN 559 (1-4) Public Relations Internship
- PAD 210 (3) Introduction to Public Administration
- PAD 313 (3) Public Budgeting Processes
- PSC 320 (3) The American Legislative Process
- PSC 327 (3) Lobbying and Interest Group Behavior
- PSC 395 (1-12) Internship in Government and Politics
Total: 24 semester hours