B.A., B.A.A., B.S. degrees
The Department of Political Science and Public Administration offers minor programs that complement a large number of academic majors at CMU, including management, foreign languages, history, military science, integrative public relations, journalism, philosophy, psychology, sociology, interpersonal and public communications, and recreation, parks and leisure services administration. The department participates in a number of interdisciplinary programs, such as those in public affairs, Latin American studies, women's studies, environmental studies and European studies.
Our department minors include:
- Political Science (21 hours)
- Public Administration (21 hours)
- Public Affairs (24 hours)
- PSC 398 and PSC 598 are Special Topics courses which may be used to fulfill the area requirements for majors and minors. Permission to do this is based on the substantive content of the course, and requires the consent of the student's major or minor advisor or the department chair. Any regular faculty member in the department can serve as the student's advisor on a major or minor.
- Courses taken on a Credit/No Credit basis may not be counted toward political science majors and political science minors.
- Majors and minors in political science should enroll in PSC 105 as freshmen (see course description).
- Transfer students majoring in political science will be expected to take at least 15 hours of course work in the department; transfer minors, 12 hours.