Per university policy,
conditional admission may be considered for applicants with backgrounds
or grade point averages that do not meet these requirements. Courses
taken to meet these requirements may not be counted toward graduate
degree requirements. Regular admission status should be requested upon
completion of all conditional requirements.
- An undergraduate grade point average of at least 2.8 (on a 4.0 point scale).
- A minimum of 18 undergraduate hours in the social sciences of which at least 6 hours are in political science.
- An essay (two or three pages, double-spaced) including a discussion of the applicant's professional and/or educational goals and how completion of the program will facilitate his or her achievement of those goals. This essay replaces the written statement requested as part of the application to the College of Graduate Studies.
- Two letters of recommendation from college faculty or other professionals who are familiar with the applicant's abilities and can attest to the applicant's potential to succeed in the program.
- Evidence of successful completion of an undergraduate statistics or social science research methods course.
- If the applicant is an international student for whom English is not the first language, a score of 213 on the computer-based (or 550 on the written-based) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Up to 9 semester hours of graduate credit may be transferred from another institution with approval of the advisor and the Dean of the College of Graduate Studies.
- To apply: https://apply.cmich.edu/.
Director of the MA Program: