The Masters in Public Administration (MPA) program at Central Michigan University offers a nationally accredited applied professional degree that seeks to be an internationally recognized program for enriching public service and educating practitioners and pre-service students to lead and manage in a variety of public sector settings.
The mission of the Master of Public Administration program at Central Michigan University is to provide practitioners and pre-service students enriching learning experiences that prepare and advance their intellectual growth, ensure effective and accountable decision-making as they lead, manage, and serve in the public sector, and increase the likelihood of successful public governance via respect for citizens and clients in a variety of public service settings, from government organizations to nonprofit agencies and international bodies.
Public Service Values
To achieve our mission and realize our vision, the MPA program at Central Michigan University emphasizes the following NASPAA public service values:
Students and alumni from the MPA program at Central Michigan University will:
- Pursue the public interest with accountability and transparency
- Serve professionally with competence, efficiency, and objectivity
- Act ethically so as to uphold the public trust
- Demonstrate respect, equity, and fairness to dealings with citizens and fellow public servants
To implement its Vision and Mission statements, the MPA program at Central Michigan University has adopted the following set of NASPAA required competencies in its curriculum.
Students in the MPA program at Central Michigan University will develop and enhance their ability:
- To lead and manage in public governance
- To participate in and contribute to the policy process
- To analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems, and make decisions
- To articulate and apply a public service perspective
- To communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry
View the MPA program flier
Learn more about our NASPAA Accreditation
Request Information from CMU's Global Campus