MASTER OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
To receive priority consideration for admission and financial aid, the deadline for submission of applications to the Master of Public Administration program is February 28th.
Applications are also accepted throughout the year on a space available basis.
We encourage individuals to
apply online, but welcome the receipt of applications through the mail as well. Any questions may be directed to the Master of Public Administration program,
All Students who apply for the MPA program must provide:
- A completed application form and any applicable fees to the
College of Graduate Studies.
- Official transcripts showing all previous college and/or university course work completed from both graduate and undergraduate levels.
- Three letters of recommendation from former professors or public service professionals who can speak to your abilities and aptitudes.
- Current resume/vita.
- Two-three page essay discussing your prior educational and work experience and how an MPA degree will enhance your future plans.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 18 undergraduate credit hours in social sciences (History, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Sociology, Humanities etc.).
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics or research methods course.
Once you have completed your admissions application, submitted your essay, and the college has received your transcripts and letters of recommendation your application will be submitted to the Political Science Department for review. A committee of Political Science Department faculty and the Program Director will review your application and make a recommendation for regular admission, conditional admission or denial.
Application deadlines vary by cohort. Please contact us for specific deadlines.Dr. Thomas Greitens
Office: Anspach 246
Fax: 989-774-1136 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Director, MPA Program
Office: Anspach 301T
Phone: (989) 774-2391
Fax: (989) 774-1136