Note: Drs. Sarah Domoff, Elizabeth Meadows, Larissa Niec, Reid Skeel and Nathan Weed each plan to admit one student for the 2017-2018 academic year. Drs. Quirk and Ronan do not anticipate admitting a student for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Each year the program admits approximately six students who demonstrate promise in academic, clinical, and research training.
In addition to criteria such as grades and Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores, the admissions committee is attentive to research experience, work experience, and letters of recommendation. Applicant research interests and professional goals are used to match each applicant with a clinical faculty mentor prior to admission. After an initial screening of submitted materials, the most qualified applicants are invited to an Open House to tour the facilities and meet with clinical faculty.
Students are accepted into the program on a full-time basis. Before arriving on campus, each student is assigned a clinical faculty member. This faculty member aids the student in his or her passage through the program. Students entering with a BA/BS degree are required to complete approximately 108 graduate credit hours. Some courses may be waived based on prior graduate work, but, no more than 30 credit hours can be transferred.
The deadline for all applications materials is
December 1, 2016 for the Clinical Program. In addition to grades and GRE scores (subject portion not required), the Admissions Committee is attentive to letters of recommendation, personal statements, and relevant professional experiences. Admissions criteria is used to select students who have general academic preparation in psychology and psychology-related research methodology.
Deadline for entry in Fall 2017: December 1, 2016
1. CMU College of Graduate Studies Application (Required)
Complete and submit an application with all required application materials to the College of Graduate Studies at https://apply.cmich.edu/
- Apply online: https://apply.cmich.edu
- Statement of purpose (required) for the College of Graduate Studies, this is a brief statement describing your purpose and general plans for graduate study at CMU. It needs to be only 200-300 words in length. It may include information about activities and achievements which are related to your proposed field of specialization as well as your career plans after graduation. The Department of Psychology requires a personal statement which is a very detailed paper and is explained on the Information Form, Item #2 on this page, see below.
- Transcripts (required) should be sent to the College of Graduate Studies, Central Michigan University, Foust Hall 100, Mt Pleasant, MI 48859
*Please note that "Track My App" online is not updating properly at this time. It may show that you are missing documents that have already been submitted.
The following items are required and need to be sent to the Department of Psychology, Sloan 139, Mt Pleasant, MI 48859 or via email: email@example.com
2. Information Form (Required)
Complete and submit the Information Form. Print and send this completed form along with attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to : Central Michigan University, Clinical Psychology Program, Sloan 139, Mt Pleasant, MI 48859
3. Letters of Recommendation (Required)
Three letters of recommendation are required, please complete the top portion of the Letter of Recommendation form and have your letter writers submit this form with their letter of recommendation.
4. GRE Scores (Required) (The subject portion of the GRE is not required)
You must request the Educational Testing Service (ETS)
to send an official copy of your GRE scores to the Department of Clinical Psychology, Central Michigan University, Sloan Hall 139, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan 48859.
- The code for Central Michigan University is 1106
- The Clinical Psychology Program Code number is 2001.
5. Optional Forms & Information
If you have any questions in regards to the above requirements please contact:
We encourage all applicants to be familiar with APA's Rules for Acceptance of Offers for Admission and Financial Aid. Click here to view the APA web site: www.apa.org
Betty Schulte, Senior Administrative Assistant,email@example.com
Central Michigan University, Clinical Psychology Programs,
Sloan Hall 139, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859
Fax number: 989-774-2553
Thank you for your interest in CMU!