Study Abroad

HowWhat, When, Where and Why Study Abroad?

Study Abroad homepage



Student Study Abroad Grant

Students must first apply for the funds from the Study Abroad office, once you submit your application to the Study Abroad office, you will need to print a copy as you will need it to submit with the CHSBS application.

Background: An international experience is an invaluable part of a student's education and will provide an international perspective which cannot be fully recreated within the classroom. To promote international study, the College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences has created a small fund to assist students with costs related to study abroad.

•Full-time matriculated CMU undergraduate or graduate student at the time of application
•Approved through the Office of International Education
•Minimum GPA of 2.8 for undergraduate students or 3.3 for graduate student
•U.S. citizen or permanent resident
•At the time of study abroad, undergraduate students must reach sophomore standing or above with a signed major or minor in the College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences. Graduate students must complete a minimum of one semester of study within a College of Humanities and Social and Behavioral Sciences' program.

Deadline: Ongoing. Requests will be reviewed and applicants notified via e-mail in 2 to 3 weeks.
Award Amount: Varies (dependent upon the amount of funding available). Unfortunately, the Psychology Department does not have any funding available for Study Abroad.
View application form

CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. | CentralLink
Copyright Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Mich. 48859 | Phone 989-774-4000 | Privacy Policy | Feedback | Full Site