- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Genetic conditions and behavioral challenges related to phenotype, particularly CHARGE Syndrome
- Impacts of challenging behavior in educational and medical settings
- Low-incidence disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorder—intervention and assessment for challenging behaviors
- Consultation for parents and academic teams of children who experience severe medical conditions, pain, terminal illness, and challenging behaviors
- Identification and understanding of the role of pain and medical complications for individuals who are non-vocal
- I am an assistant professor in the School Psychology Program, Department of Counseling & Educational Psychology, at Mississippi State University. I also direct the Bulldog CHARGE Syndrome Research Lab (www.facebook.com/BulldogCHARGElab).
Stratton, K.K. (2014). CHARGE und Sexualität. Ein Elternratgeber. In A. Wanka & C.
Junghans (Eds.). Jugendliche und erwachsene mig CHARGE-Syndrom (pp. 131-137). Heidelberg, Germany, Median-Verlag.
Translation: Stratton, K.K. (2014). CHARGE and Sexuality: Assisting Parents. In A. Wanka & C. Jnghans (Eds.), Youth & Adults with CHARGE Syndrome: Children Turn into Youth, Youth Turn into Adults. Heidelberg: Median Verlag.
Hartshorne, T. S., Schafer, A., Stratton, K. K., & Nacarato, T. M. (2013). Family resilience relative to children with severe disabilities. In Becvar, D. S. (Ed.). Handbook of Family Resilience. Springer.
Hartshorne, T.S., Stratton, K.K., & van Ravenswaaij-Arts, C.M.A. (2011). Prevalence of genetic testing in CHARGE syndrome. Journal of Genetic Counseling, 20, 49-57.
Stratton, K.K., & Hartshorne, T.S. (2010). Experiencing stress in CHARGE. In T.S.Hartshorne, M.A. Hefner, S.L.H. Davenport, & J. Thelin (Eds.), CHARGE syndrome. San Diego, CA: Plural Publishing.
Stratton, K.K. (2010). Changes over the life cycle in individuals with CHARGE: Youngadulthood. In T.S. Hartshorne, M.A. Hefner, S.L.H. Davenport, & J. Thelin (Eds.), CHARGE syndrome. San Diego, CA: Plural Publishing.
Gadke, D. L., Stratton, K.S., & Justice, C. (in press). Review of the McGhee-Mangrum Inventory of School Adjustment. In J. F. Carlson, K. F. Geisinger, & R. A. Spies (Eds.), The twentieth mental measurements yearbook (pp. xxx-xxx). Lincoln, NE: Buros Institute of Mental Measurements.
Gadke, D. L., Stratton, K. S., Butts, M. L., Mohanty, S. D., & Cosby, A. G., (in preparation).Tweeting about autism: The prevalence of autism in the world of twitter.
Gadke, D. L., Stratton, K. S., & Morton, R. C. (in preparation). Using brief experimentalanalysis and intervening on early numeracy for a child with a rare genetic condition.
Stratton, K.K., & Hartshorne, T.S. (in progress). Identifying pain non-vocally using amultidimensional pain assessment for individuals with CHARGE syndrome.
Vert, R., Olson, T., Hoesch, H., Kim, S., Stratton, K. K., & Hartshorne, T. S. (in preparation). The experience of siblings of individuals with CHARGE syndrome.