Anspach Hall 135
- Ph.D., University of Florida, 2009
- M.A., Western Michigan University, 2006
- B.S., Western Michigan University, 2003
Areas of Teaching Expertise
- Inside-Out Prison Exchange Program
- Social and Criminal Justice
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Introductory Sociology
- Causes and consequences of the war on drugs and mass incarceration.
- Prison and sentencing reform.
- Race and Justice.
- Development of social justice allies on college campuses.
- Smith, Justin (2014) "Interrogating Whiteness within Criminology." Sociology Compass.
- Whaley, Rachel Bridges, Justin Smith, and Rebecca Hayes. (2013) Gendered Pathways?: Gender, mediating factors, and substance use." Crime & Delinquency.
- Smith, Justin, Mary Senter & J. Cherie Strachan. (2013) "Gender and White College Students' Racial Attitudes." Sociological Inquiry.
- Smith, Justin. (2013) "Medical Marijuana Regulation in Michigan: Problems of Legitimacy." Deviant Behavior.
- Smith, Justin. (2012) "Maintaining Racial Inequality through Crime Control: Mass Incarceration and Residential Segregation." Contemporary Justice Review.
- Whaley, Rachel Bridges, Justin Smith and Rebecca Hayes. (2011) "Teenage Drug and Alcohol Use: Comparing Individual and Contextual Effects." Deviant Behavior.