Anspach Hall 139
- Ph.D., University of Florida, 2009
- M.A., Western Michigan University, 2006
- B.S., Western Michigan University, 2003
Areas of Teaching Expertise
- Introduction to Social and Criminal Justice
- Introductury Sociology
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Social Research and Analysis
- Development of social justice allies on college campuses, medical marijuana law in Michigan, and the causes and consequences of the war on drugs and mass incarceration.
- Gendered Pathways?: Gender, mediating factors, and substance use." Crime & Delinquency (with Rachel Bridges Whaley and Rebecca Hayes) (forthcoming)
- "Gendered experiences: Differential ractions to risk and protective factors for substance use." Crime & Delinquency (with Rachel Bridges Whaey and Rebecca Hayes) (forthcoming)
- "Teenage Drug and Alcohol Use: Comaring Individual and Contextual Effects." Deviant Behavior (with Rachel Bridges Whaley and Rebecca Hayes). 2011.
- "Community Characteristics and Methamphetamine Use: A Social Disorganization Perspective." Journal of Drug Issues. (with Rachel Bridges Whaley). 2009.
- "The Values and Control of MDMA." Contemporary Justice Review. 2007.