Anspach Hall 126
- Ph.D. in Sociology, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, 1988
- M.A. in Sociology, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, 1986
- M.A. in Sociology, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada, 1983
- B.A. (Honors) in Sociology, University Ghana, Legon, Ghana, 1980
Areas of Teaching expertise
- Comparative Criminal Justice
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Homicide: Global Perspectives
- Suicide & Homicide-Suicides
- Witchcraft in Africa
- Violence Against Women and Children
- Mortuary Beliefs and Practices
- Witchcraft, Witches, and Violence in Ghana. New York & Oxford: Berghahn Books. (Forthcoming September 2015).
- Femicide-Suicides in Contemporary Ghana: Victims, Offenders and Incidence Characteristics. Violence Against Women, 20, 1078-1096. (2014).
- "Suicide in Ghanaian Men." In Lester, D., Gunn, J.F., & Quinnett, P. (Eds.). Men and Suicide. (pp.262-276). New York: Charles C. Thomas Publishing Limited. (2014).
- Homicide-Suicides in Ghana: Perpetrators, Victims and Incidence Characteristics. International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology, 58, 364-387. (2014).
- Confessions: Suicidal Ideation on a Ghanaian Radio Program. Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology, 6, 229-234.(2014).
- Glimpses of African Suicidality: Suicide and Culture in Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart and Elechi Amadi's The Concubine. European Journal of Social Sciences, 37, 21-31. (2013).
- Criminal Prosecution of Suicide Attempt Survivors in Ghana. International Journal of Offender Therapy and Comparative Criminology, 57, 1477-1497. (2013).
- Better Dead than Dishonored: Masculinity and Male Suicidal Behavior in Contemporary Ghana. Social Science and Medicine, 74, 474-481. (2012).
- Patterns of Female Suicidal Behavior in Ghana. Psychological Reports, 109, 649-662. (2011).
- Child Witch Hunts in Contemporary Ghana. Child Abuse & Neglect: The International Journal, 35, 741-752. (2011).