Anspach Hall 138
- Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2009
- M.A., Michigan State University, 2004
- B.A., Indiana University-Purdue University at Fort Wayne, 2000
Areas of Teaching Expertise
- Archaeology of the Americas
- Michigan Archaeology
- Cultural Resource Management
- Archeological Field and Laboratory Methods
- Field School in Archaeology
- Archaeological Theory
- North American archaeology, specialization in the Eastern Woodlands and Great Lakes
- Cultural landscape studies and human-environment relationships
- Geographic Information Science and spatial statistical modeling
- Action archeology and community-based historic preservation initiatives.
- 2013. Surface-Evans, Sarah, Patrick Lawton, S.K. Haase, Justin Miller, and Megan Bauerle. Archaeological Investigations of the McGulpin Point Lighthouse Barn (20Em140). Report prepared for the Great Lakes Lighthouse Keepers Association and Emmet County. CMU Report of Investigations 2012-2. January, 2013.
- 2012. Surface-Evans, Sarah. Archaeological Investigations of the 1929 Dump and Fallow Field Portions of the Former Mount Pleasant Indian Industrial Boarding School. Report prepared for the City of Mount Pleasant and Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan and Michigan State Historic Preservation Office, under State Permit Number AE2012-1. CMU Report of Investigations 2012-1a. September, 2012.
- 2012. White, Devin and Sarah Surface-Evans (editors). Least Cost Analysis of Social Landscapes: Archaeological Case Studies. University of Utah Press.
- 2012. Surface-Evans, Sarah and Devin White. An Introduction to the Least Cost Analysis of Social Landscapes. In Least Cost Analysis of Social Landscapes: Archaeological Case Studies. D. White and S. Surface-Evans, editors. University of Utah Press.
- 2012. Surface-Evans, Sarah and Misty Jackson. Feminine Voices in Archaeology: Promoting Community, Collaboration, and Mentoring. The SAA Archaeological Record. Volume 12(1):22-25.
- 2010. Surface-Evans, Sarah. Sustainable Forestry and Archaeology: A Case Study for GIScience Aiding Land Use Planning in Michigan. Michigan Archaeologist, Omnibus Issue (2004-2006), Volumes 50-52.