*Typically, students apply in the spring with applications
due the first Friday in March.
Transfer students should contact the social work office at least one semester prior to transferring. Students should contact a social work advisor to determine which semester to apply to the program and what cohort they belong to.
The following is a partial list of requirements for admission to the program. Please check the current
bulletin for a complete list of admission requirements, including grade requirements.
- SWK250 ( by the end of the semester during which the student applies)
- Math, English and Speech Competency
- 50 hours of volunteer work by the end of the semester.
- 50 credits with an overall GPA above 2.5 by the end of the semester.
- At least 6 credits of the
required Sociology and/or Psychology.
The following forms for the application are available through the student’s advisor:
- Statement of Interest
- Transcripts from all colleges attended other than CMU
- Reference Form for the volunteer experience
- (2) Academic Reference Forms
Students who wait to apply until the fall semester may enroll in SWK374 and SWK315 only with permission. Fall applications are due the third Friday in October.