Series Editor: Dr. Andrew D. Devenney (Central Michigan University)
To submit a game to the press, please include with your submission the following:
- A proposal identifying
- your contact details and professional affiliation(s);
- a brief description of your game (e.g., content focus, core mechanics, etc.);
- the game’s target audience (e.g., educational level, academic discipline, etc.);
- the learning objectives for the players;
- a justification for addressing these learning objectives via a game;
- a description of the ways in which the game is innovative;
- a summary of comparable games on this topic;
- a statement on why you believe that your game is suitable for publication by the press; and
- a list of three content experts you feel are most appropriate for evaluating your game.
- A playable prototype of the game complete with clearly-written rules (if the submission has specialized pieces or materials, please reach out to the press editor at email@example.com to determine the best way to route these materials to the reviewers); and
- Any pedagogical materials in support of the game (e.g., contextual class materials, lesson plans or assignments for use with the game, assessment rubrics, etc.).
Please send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
(if electronic) or Central Michigan University Press, 201 Powers Hall, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, MI 48859 (for any physical materials).