Meet the Staff
- Courtney B. Morris graduated with her AS in Liberal Arts from Schoolcraft, as well as her BS in Health Administration and Social work in 2015 and her MA in Higher Education Student Affairs in 2018 both from Eastern Michigan University. She is currently enrolled in the PhD Educational Leadership program. Courtney has previously worked in secondary education regarding college access, additionally, she has worked with retention and persistence efforts for collegiate undergraduate students.
- Her research interests includes: Diversity & Inclusion Work (Cultural Competency), Social Justice & Student Activism, Study Abroad Experiences, Leadership Development and Hip Hop Pedagogy.
- Courtney serves as the Research Assistant for CARS. Her responsibilities include both quantitative and qualitative data collection, assisting undergraduate employees and administrative tasks.
- Kathy Rise holds a MA in Higher Education Administration and a BS in Art and Industrial Technology. She is currently pursuing a PhD in Educational Leadership.
- Kathy’s research interests include higher education practices and how they affect students. She focuses on high impact practices, student retention, and student development.
- In addition to her work with CARRS, Rise is the Director of Recruitment and Retention for the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences at Central Michigan University. She also directs the Public Spirited Scholars in Residence Living Learning Community.
- Sarah graduated with her BA in Education and History in 2000, and an M.Ed. in Curriculum Leadership with a focus on literacy in 2005. She is currently enrolled in the Ed.D. program in Educational Leadership. Sarah has served as a teacher in Chicago Public Schools, Acting Director of the Reading Clinic at University of Illinois at Chicago, and COO and President of a national educational consulting company.
- Her interests include literacy development and intervention, whole school sustainable change, and leadership.
CARRS draws on the expertise of CMU Faculty who have demonstrated expertise in social science research, grant writing and evaluation. These researchers represent diverse of social science disciplines and methodologies and are available to consult on various projects.
|Dr. Mary S. Senter
Program Evaluation and Assessment, Social Science Research Methods, Social Inequality, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Sociology
Evaluation & assessment, qualitative research design
Survey design, quantitative and qualitative research design and analysis, college impact