Critical Engagements Annual Theme, 2020–2021
Key Issues and Problems
- Artificial intelligence, artificial consciousness
- Robots, robot ethics, robot rights, robot definitions; the future of work in a world of robots
- Hominids, human origins, biological anthropology
- Medical and psychological definitions of life, death, consciousness, personhood
- Philosophical and religious accounts of life, death, consciousness, personhood
- Language, linguistics, linguistic anthropology
- Rights, human rights, animal rights
- What does it mean to be humane?
The WDIM Team
We have recruited (and are recruiting!) faculty, staff, students, and community members with a broad range of interests and expertise, in and beyond our campus. Watch this space for an updated list and links.