3/2020 -- Ph.D. Literature & Criticism, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
2012 -- M.A. Literature, University of Toledo
2008 -- B.A. English Creative Writing Fiction, Central Michigan University
Warning Shots (Words Dance Publishing 2017)
The City as Modern Mausoleum, (Finishing Line Press 2019)
Poetic Song Cycle
Dynamic Roads. Song Cycle Poem, musical accompaniment written by Evan Snyder (MSU) and performed by Joe Baunoch (IUP) (2019).
"Disrupting the Routine: Going on Strike"
Works and Days, Vol. 35. 2017.
"Arthur Rose. Literary Cynics: Borges, Beckett, Coetzee. Bloomsbury, 2017."
Studies in 20th and 21st Century Literature: Vol. 43 Iss. 2, Article 33.
"Everyday McCartney: Engaging the Ordinary."
Lyrical Mysic of the 20th & 21st Century. (Forthcoming).
- 2019 -- “Ghosts in the City: Traumatic Memory and Ritual in Bao Ninh's The Sorrow of War.” Presentation.
CEA Annual Conference, College English Association, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- 2018 -- “An American Abroad: Perceptions of Americans in Buchan’s WWI Thriller,
Greenmantle.” Presentation. Armistice and Aftermath, Michigan Technological University, Houghton, Michigan.
- 2017 -- “Drawing us into the Drawing Room’s Bigger Purpose; Diotima’s Constructed Community in
Musil’s The Man Without Qualities.” Presentation.
CEA Annual Conference, College English Association, Hilton Head, South Carolina.
- 2016 -- “Everything but the Kitchen Sync – Mass-Observation and George Orwell’s
Coming Up for Air.” Presentation.
The Space Between Conference, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec.
- 2016 -- “Voicing the Unvoiced: Slavery and Abolitionism in the Naïve North as Demonstrated in Herman Melville’s
Benito Cereno and Frederick Douglass’
The Heroic Slave.” Presentation.
English Graduate OrganizationConference, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, Pennsylvania.
- 2016 -- “Mash-Ups and Misrepresentations: Creative Work in a World of Mass Production.” Panelist.
English Graduate Organization Conference, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Indiana, Pennsylvania.
- 2015 -- “Re-writing the Narrative: George Orwell and 1984 as Traumatic Rupture.” Presentation.
Literature and Crisis Conference, Florida International University, Miami, Florida.
- 2015 -- “Domestic Homes, Modernity, and Forbidden Nostalgia in George Orwell’s
Coming Up for Air and Robert Musil’s
The Man Without Qualities.” Presentation.
The Space Between Conference, Notre Dame University, South Bend, Indiana.