For an up-to-date list of undergraduate courses offered by the history department, including course descriptions, please consult the course descriptions page of the CMU undergraduate bulletin.
Special Topics, Seminars, and Featured Courses
The department of history regularly offers special courses (usually numbered HST 397, 597, or 697) and seminars (HST 496 and 7XX) with topics specific to each instructor and semester. Topics for current and future terms are listed below, along with a selection of regular courses. Numbers and titles are linked to posters with additional information about each course.
- HST 350 – English History to 1688: From Stonehenge to the Glorious Revolution (Carrie Euler)
- HST 505WI – Tudor England (Carrie Euler)
- HST 496 – History and the Media (Tara McCarthy)
- HST 496/758 – Modern European History (Eric Johnson)
- HST 496/717A – 20th Century America (Kathleen G. Donohue)