Volunteers play an integral role in making the museum's activities a success, including educational programs, outreach, exhibits, and collections projects. Volunteers include both college students and community members comprised of a wide background of life experience, skills, and knowledge. We hope you will join our volunteer team and experience first-hand the fun of working in a museum!
As a volunteer, you will have the chance to:
- Assist with educational programs with audiences of all ages
- Enhance public speaking skills
- Learn a wide range of topics pertaining to cultural and natural history and the functions of a museum
- Network with other students and community members
- Have fun!
Other opportunities sometimes can arise for those who volunteer extensively. For example:
- Exhibit research and preparation
- Collections processing
- Special museum projects
How to apply:
- Submit an online Volunteer Application by clicking here.
- Bring completed Employment Verification (Background check) form to the museum's main office, Rowe 103.
- Bring completed Waiver of Liability and Release form to the museum's main office, Rowe 103.
After completing these three simple steps, watch your email for training information and other upcoming opportunities. You will be added to the Volunteer ListServ (MCNHNews) and receive bi-weekly emails with information about upcoming volunteer opportunities.
No previous museum experience is required. Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age, per CMU policy. Hard copies of forms are required (cannot be scanned/emailed/faxed).
For general questions about volunteering please email email@example.com or call (989)774-3829.
Already a Volunteer? View and sign up for upcoming volunteer opportunities here: