Kendall W. Folkert Memorial Endowment
Scholarship awarded to students pursuing South or East Asia studies.
- Seniors: must be admitted to a graduate program in South or East Asia studies
- Undergraduates: must be pursuing work in South or East Asia studies through a study abroad program
- Preference is given to those engaged in study of culture and to those with better academic records
Award Amount: $750 - $1,500
Fuller Endowed Scholarship
Scholarship awarded to help and encourage undergraduate CMU students to pursue the study of philosophy. This scholarship was established by Central Michigan University faculty member Gary Fuller, associate professor of philosophy, in 2014.
- Junior or senior standing; must be a declared philosophy major or minor
- Hold at least a 3.0 GPA both overall and in philosophy for the previous year
- Show strong philosophical ability and motivation
- Applicant required to submit an essay not to exceed 500 words reflecting his/her interest in the study of philosophy, along with a one-page application form.
Oppenheimer-Mancuso (Lazorshak) Award
Award given to a philosophy major of senior standing who submits an outstanding essay about the necessity for the teaching of ethics and/or character development in the elementary grades.
- Senior standing
- Essays must be 1500 - 2000 words. A committee will examine the essays to determine the winner.
- To apply, eligible students should submit their essay by email before the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: April (application to be posted)
Award Amount: $500
Additional Scholarships and Awards
- Student Paper Prize
- Student Presentation Grant