- Position: Associate Professor, Internship Coordinator
- Department: Political Science & Public Administration
- Campus Address: Anspach Hall 235
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vitae: Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Sharon Kukla-Acevedo is an associate professor of Public Administration. Her research combines the fields of public management and education policy, with current research endeavors focusing on superintendents as public managers. Ongoing interests also include the evaluation of teacher effectiveness, evaluation of teacher preparation programs, teacher turnover and mobility. Her work has been published in a number of academic outlets, including, Economics of Education Review, Journal of Education Research, and American Review of Public Administration.
Dr. Kukla-Acevedo is the internship coordinator for the Department of Political Science and Public Administration. She is also the campus co-liaison for The Washington Center (TWC) Internship Program. Dr. Kukla-Acevedo also served as the interim MA Director Fall 2017. She is also currently serving as the advisor for Pi Alpha Alpha. Sharon is the CMU Social Studies Education Advisor for Political Science.
- Ph.D., Public Administration, University of Kentucky, 2008
- Master of Public Policy, University of Kentucky, 2006
- B.A., Spanish, Aquinas College, 2000
Fields of Specialization
- Public Human Resources Management
- School Finance
- Quantitative Methods
- Economics of Education