Position: Associate Professor
Department: Political Science & Public Administration
Campus Address: Anspach Hall 242
Dr. Jeon is an Associate Professor of Public Administration and the Director of Undergraduate Program in Public and Nonprofit Administration. She is also the advisor for CMU ICMA (International City/County Management Association) Student Chapter (https://www.cmich.edu/colleges/class/PoliticalScience/StudentOrgs/Pages/ICMA.aspx).
Dr. Jeon's research focus lies in the areas of public and nonprofit management, with an emphasis on human resource management, administrative ethics, whistleblowing, and inter-organizational networks and collaboration. Her research has been published in various academic journals, including, but not limited to, Review of Public Personnel Administration, Public Performance & Management Review, International Review of Public Administration, and Public Personnel Management. She is also the co-editor of a recently published book, Collaborative Governance for Local Economic Development: Lessons from Countries around the World (Routledge, 2019).
Dr. Jeon is a recipient of the 2018-2019 College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS) Excellence in Teaching Maroon Award. Previously, she was nominated for the Excellence in Teaching Maroon Award in 2016/2017 and 2017/2018, and for the 2018-2019 University Excellence in Teaching Award.
- Ph.D., Policy, Planning and Development (specialization: Public Management), University of Southern California
- Master of Public Administration (MPA), Seoul National University
- Bachelor of Law, Seoul National University
Fields of Specialization
- Public and Nonprofit Management
- Human Resource Management
- Administrative Ethics
- Interorganizational Networks and Collaboration
- Organizational Behavior and Theory
- PAD 610 Foundations of Pubic Administration (on campus & online)
- PAD 711 Pubic Personnel Management (on campus & online)
- PAD 712 Implementation and Reform of Public Programs
- PAD 773 Administration and Ethics in Public Service (on campus & online)
- PAD 780 Public Sector Research Methods (on campus & online)
- PSC 790S Public Administration Case Study - Public Management in Seoul (Study Abroad)