Barbara P. Greene Endowed Scholarship in Political Science
Established in 2004 by Sarah and Edward Cohen (daughter and son-in-law) and friends of Barbara Greene. Barbara was a professor and chair of the political science department prior to her death in 2001. Income from this endowment will support a scholarship for students enrolled in the political science department who have interest in state and local government.
One scholarship will be awarded. Application deadline is the spring semester.
- Scholarship awarded to a CMU student majoring in political science, with an interest in state and local government.
- Minimum GPA 3.00 on a 4.0 scale.
- Preference given first to MPA and MA graduate students, followed by undergraduate seniors and juniors.
- The award will be made only if highly qualified applicants apply.
- Apply with a formal letter, a resume, and contact information for three references who will speak to your career interests in Political Science.
- Questions should be addressed to Dr. Thomas Greitens, 989-774-3862, Anspach 246,
2012 - Jeffrey Stoutenburg
2013 - Heather Heitsch
2014 - Not awarded
2015 - Michael Fisher
2016 - Brian Lechel
2017 - Kathy Tahtinen
2018 - Winifred Walsh
2019 - Danielle McCann
2020 - Cassi Miller
2021 -Charlisse Smith