The mission of the Master of Public Administration program at Central Michigan University is to provide practitioners and pre-service students enriching learning experiences that prepare and advance their intellectual growth, ensure effective and accountable decision-making as they lead, manage, and serve in the public sector, and increase the likelihood of successful public governance via respect for citizens and clients in a variety of public service settings, from government organizations to nonprofit agencies and international bodies.
Public Service Values
To achieve our mission and realize our vision, the MPA program at Central Michigan University emphasizes the following NASPAA public service values:
Students and alumni from the MPA program at Central Michigan University will:
- Pursue the public interest with accountability and transparency
- Serve professionally with competence, efficiency, and objectivity
- Act ethically so as to uphold the public trust
- Demonstrate respect, equity, and fairness to dealings with citizens and fellow public servants
To implement its mission statement, the MPA program at Central Michigan University uses the following set of NASPAA required competencies in its curriculum. These competencies ensure that our students will develop and enhance their ability:
- to lead and manage in the
- to participate in, and
contribute to, the policy process;
- to analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems, and make evidence informed decisions in a complex and dynamic environment;
- to articulate, apply, and
advance a public service perspective;
- to communicate and interact productively and in culturally responsive ways with a diverse and changing workforce and society at large.
Learn more about our NASPAA Accreditation
Request Information from CMU's Global Campus
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Thomas Greitens, Director
Department of Political Science and Public Administration
Anspach Hall 246
firstname.lastname@example.org or MPA@cmich.edu
To apply: https://apply.cmich.edu/.