Anspach Hall 132
Office Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 12:30-1:30 pm & by appointment
- Ph.D., University of California-Santa Cruz, 1995
- M.A., University of California-Santa Cruz, 1991
- B.A., Swarthmore College, 1984
Areas of Teaching Expertise
- Environmental Sociology
- Political Economy
- Science and Technology Studies
Research interests lie in the areas of hybrid environmental social theory, the overlapping politics of nature, labor and community and regional agricultural studies - most often in the American Southwest.
- Universities in the Age of Corporate Science: The UC Berkley-Novartis Controversy. Alan Rudy et al. Philadelphia, PA: Temple University Press. 2007.
- "Anti-Environmentalism: Prometheans, Contrariansd and Beyond.: Pp. 124-142 in Jules Pretty, et al. (eds.) Sage Handbook on Environment and Society. 2007.
- "Environmental Sociological Pedagogy When Nature is Uncertain." American Behavioral Scientist. 51(4): 495-515. 2007.