Office Hours: Monday & Wednesday 3:30-5:00 pm
Ph.D., Anthropology, Arizona State University, 2001
M.A., Anthropology, Arizona State University, 1993
B.A., Anthropology, University of Michigan, 1990
Awards and Honors
- Recipient of the CHSBS Excellence in Teaching Maroon Award, 2013-2014
Areas of Teaching Expertise
- Modern human variation
- Health and disease
- Dental anthropology
- Human evolution
- Human biology
- Qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Museum studies
- Cultural and biological influences on health and disease
- Biological and cultural aspects of ethnicity/race
- Latinos as a panethnic group
- Fuzzy logic
- Dental anthropology
- Informal science education/museum studies
- Willermet, C, Drake E, Muller A, Juris SJ, Chhetri P, and Upadhaya S (2014) An Integrated Interdisciplinary Faculty-Student Learning Community Focused on Water Issues: A Case Study. Learning Communities Research and Practice. Volume 2, Issue 1, Article 5. http://washingtoncenter.evergreen.edu/Icrpjournal/vol2/iss1/5.
- Mueller AM, Juris SJ, Willermet CM, Drake E, Upadhay S, Chhetri P (2014) Assessing interdisciplinary learning and student activism in a water issues course. Journal of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning. Vol. 14, No. 2, May 2014, pp. 111-132.
- Willermet CM, Edgar HJH, Ragsdale, C, and Aubry BS. (2013) Biodistances among Aztec, Maya, Toltec, and Totonac groups of central and coastal México. Chungará (Arica): Revista de Antropologia Chilena. 45(3): 447-459.
- Willermet CM (2012) Species, characters, and fuzziness in taxonomy. PaleoAnthrpology Journal. 2012:70-86.
- Willermet, CM and Edgar HJH (2009) Dental morphology and ancestry in Albuquerque, New Mexico Hispanics.
HOMO: Journal of Comparative Human Biology 60:207-224.
- Edgar HJH and Willermet, CM (2007) Is there biological meaning to "Hispanic" in New Mexico?
American Journal of Physical Anthropology Supplement 44:104.
- Willermet, CM (2001) Fuzzy logic as a classification tool: A case study using Levantine archaic hominids.
Dissertation Abstracts International62-11A:3845.
- Clark GA, and Willermet CM, eds. (1997)
Conceptual Issues in Modern Human Origins Research. New York: Aldine de Gruyter Press.