Anspach Hall 129
phone: (989) 774-1478
Office Hours: Monday & Wednesday 2:00-3:00 pm
- Ph.D., Michigan State University, 2011
- M.Sc., University of the West Indies, 2002
- B.Sc., University of the West Indies, 1999
Areas of Teaching Expertise
- Racism and Inequality
- Social Inequality
- Medical Sociology
- Visual Sociology
- Racial Health Disparities
- Social Determinants of Health
- Pedagogy and Student Learning
- "Nor Any Drop to Drink: Flint's Water Crisis" (2018) documentary.
- Taylor, Cedric A.L.; Sarathchandra, Dilshani. 2015. "Migrant Selectivity?: Investigating the Black Immigrant Health Advantage in Low Birth Weight" J Immigr Minor Health.
- Taylor, Cedric A.L.; Sarathchandra, Dilshani. 2014. "Socioeconomic Position and Low Birth Weight: Evaluating Multiple and Alternative Measures Across Race in Michigan." Soc. Sci. 3, no. 3: 549-564.
- Taylor, Cedric A.L. 2010. "Associations Between Measures of SES and Low Birth Weight Among Black and White Mothers in Michigan" Michigan Sociological Review Vol. 24: 56-73 Fall.
- Lloyd Waller and Cedric Taylor. 2012. "A Case Study of Citizen-to-Government (C2G) Mobile Activism in Jamaica: Protesting Violations of the Rule of Law with Smartphones." in E-Government Implementation and Practice in Developing Countries, edited by Zaigham Mahmood. Cambridge: MIT Press.
- Taylor, Cedric. 2002. "The Naked Truth: A Qualitative Study of Erotic Dancing in Jamaica." IDEAZ Journal Vol. 1(1):48-60.