Anspach Hall 128
Office Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 12:45-1:45 pm
- Ph.D., Sociology, Indiana University-Bloomington, 2006
- M.A., Sociology, Indiana University-Bloomington, 2001
- B.S., Sociology, University of California, Riverside, 1997
Areas of Teaching Expertise
- Sociology of Health
- Youth Studies
- Social Statistics
- Research examining the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, and bisexual populations.
- Almazan, Elbert P., Michael E. Roettger, and Pauline S. Acosta. 2014. "Measures of Sexual Minority Status and Suicide Risk among Young Adults in the United States." Archives of Suicide Research 18: 274-281.
- Tyler, Kimberly A., Lisa A. Melander, and Elbert P. Almazan. 2010. "Self-Injurious Behavior Among Homeless Young Adults: A Social Stress Analysis." Social Science & Medicine 70: 269-276.
- McLeod, Jane D., and Elbert P. Almazan. 2003. "Connections Between Childhood and Adulthood." Pp. 391-411 in Handbook of the Life Course, eds. Jeylan Mortimer and Michael Shanahan. New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers.