Anspach Hall 128
Office Hours: Tuesday & Thursday 11:15-12:15 pm
- Ph.D., Sociology, Indiana University-Bloomington, 2006
- M.A., Sociology, Indiana University-Bloomington, 2001
- B.S., Sociology, University of California, Riverside, 1997
Areas of Teaching Expertise
- Sociology of Health
- Youth Studies
- Social Statistics
- Research examining the health and well-being of lesbian, gay, and bisexual populations.
- Almazan, Elbert P. 2019. "Are Black Sexual Minority Adults More Likely to Report Higher Levels of Psychological Distress than White Sexual Minority Adults? Findings from the 2013 National Health Interview Survey." Social Sciences 8: Article 14.
- Almazan, Elbert P. 2019. "The Association between Sexual Orientation and Sleep Problems: Are there Racial and Ethnic Differences?" Clocks & Sleep 1: 220-225.
- Drevon, Daniel D., Elbert P. Almazan, Susan Jacob, Katrina N. Rhymer. 2016. "Impact of Mentors during Adolescence on Outcomes of Gay Young Adults." Journal of Homosexuality, 63: 821-837.
- Almazan, Elbert P., Michael E. Roettger, and Pauline S. Acosta. 2014. "Measures of Sexual Minority Status and Suicide Risk among Young Adults in the United States." Archives of Suicide Research 18: 274-281.
- Tyler, Kimberly A., Lisa A. Melander, and Elbert P. Almazan. 2010. "Self-Injurious Behavior Among Homeless Young Adults: A Social Stress Analysis." Social Science & Medicine 70: 269-276.
- McLeod, Jane D., and Elbert P. Almazan. 2003. "Connections Between Childhood and Adulthood." Pp. 391-411 in Handbook of the Life Course, eds. Jeylan Mortimer and Michael Shanahan. New York: Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers.