Katherine B. Rosier, Ph.D.
Sociology and Youth Studies Adviser
Anspach Hall 312C
Office Hours: Tuesday 10:00-11:00 am; Wednesday 11:30-12300pm
Advising hours: Wednesday 12:30-2:00 pm
- Ph.D., Indiana University, 1996
- M.S., Indiana University, 1992
- B.S., Western Michigan University, 1988
Areas of Teaching expertise
- Social Psychology
- Sociology of the Family
- Sociology of Childhood
- Research Methods
- Changing American Childhood
- Children's Rights
- Social Psychology/Identity
- Rosier, Katherine B. 2011. "Kids Today!" (Review Essay) Contexts: Understanding People in Their Social Worlds, 10, 1:68-70.
- Rosier, Katherine B. 2009. "Children as Problems, Problems of Children," pp. 256-272 in Qvortrup, Corsaro, and Honig (eds) The Handbook of Childhood Studies. Palgrave/MacMillan.
- Rosier, Katherine Brown. 2009, 2010. Series Editor, with David A. Kinney. Sociological Studies of Children and Youth, Volumes 12 & 13, with Guest Editor Jens Qvortrup, 2009, Vol. 12; and Guest Editor Heather Johnson, 2010, Vol. 13. Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing.
- Rosier, Katherine Brown and David A. Kinney. 2005. "Introduction to Volume 11: Historical and Contemporary Pressures on Children's Freedom." Pp.1-20 in D. A. Kinney and K. B. Rosier (eds.), Sociological Studies of Children and Youth, Vol. 11. Oxford, UK: JAI/Elsevier Science.
- Rosier, Katherine Brown. 2003. Guest Editor. Sociological Studies of Children and Youth. Volume 9. Oxford, UK: JAI/Elsevier Science.
- Feld, Scott L., Katherine B. Rosier, and Amy K. Manning. 2002. "Christian Right as Civil Right: Covenant Marriage and a Kinder Gentler Moral Conservatism." Review of Religious Research, 44, 2: 173-1983.
- Corsaro, William A., Louisa Molinari, and Katherine B. Rosier. 2002. "Zena and Carlotta: Transition Narratives and Early Education Policy in the United States and Italy." Human Development 45, 5: 323-348.
- Rosier, Katherine Brown. 2001. "Without the Parent You Lose the Child': Teachers' Expectations and Parents' (Non-) Involvement." Pp. 3-42 in David A. Kinney (ed.) Sociological Studies of Children and Youth, Vol 8. Stamford Conn: JAI Press Inc./Ablex Publishing.
- Rosier, Katherine Brown. 2000. Mothering Inner-City Children: The Early School Years. New Brunswick, NJ: Rutgers University Press.
- Rosier, Katherine Brown, and Scott L. Feld. "Covenant Marriage: A New Alternative for Traditional Families," Journal of Comparative Family Studies 31, 3: 385-94.