The primary goal of the association is to enhance the learning experience of those students with an interest in the social work profession, through workshops, guest speakers, and networking. The secondary aim is to provide information and support for one another and the community, through membership and community projects.
Meetings are held regularly throughout the school year.
Requirements for Membership:
- Members must have a genuine interest in social work.
- Members must maintain regular attendance at weekly meetings.
- No more than three unexcused absences will be permitted.
- Members must attend a minimum of volunteering activities, fundraiser events and socials as are determined each semester by the Executive Board.
- Membership dues are: $25.00 a year or $15.00 a semester.
- Membership dues must be paid by the date specified each semester.
Examples of possible SSWA activities:
- Attend scheduled meetings
- Host films series which address important social issues
- Take field trips
- Complete service projects
- Host guest speakers from various fields of social work
- Contribute to the community of Mt. Pleasant by volunteering
- Host fundraisers
- Travel to conferences
- Host resume workshops
- Keep files of volunteer opportunities
- Keep files of social work graduate programs
- Act as liaison with Social Work Faculty
- Make great friendships and have fun, fun, fun…