The French Program offers courses at all levels of French. It is supported by a state-of-the-art computer and audio/visual lab, study abroad programs in France and Quebec, various student activities, and a dedicated French faculty.
French is a major international language, spoken in Canada, Europe, Africa, and the Caribbean.
Today's businesses often need employees who:
- can communicate in French over the telephone or in person;
- can write correspondence in French;
- can navigate French sites on the Internet;
- understand the customs and traditions of French-speaking countries;
- have a perspective on the world outside the United States
How do I gain a professional advantage?
Many French majors have a second major or a minor in an area such as:
- International Studies
- Hospitality Services
- Computer Science
- Political Science