Wasaburo Fujimiya Study Abroad Scholarship
Mr. Wasaburo Fujimiya is a 1966 CMU alum and the representative director of Hugle Electronics, Inc. in Japan and Korea. Mr. Fujimiya wishes to support CMU students pursuing their education overseas and international students studying at CMU.
Award given annually to a student who chooses to study in one of CMU's Japanese or East Asian exchange partner program universities and/or students from one of these exchange program universities studying at CMU.
- Undergraduate or graduate student with a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Approved through the Office of Study Abroad
- Enrolled full time at the time of the award and during the term of the study abroad
- Preference given to students with financial need as determined by the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
Deadline: October 31 (for spring semester) & March 30 (for summer & fall semesters)
Award Amount: Up to $1,500
Japan Center Scholarships
Japan Center Scholarships for study in Hikone: $1500/semester; $1800/summer
Kendall W. Folkert Memorial Endowment
Scholarship awarded to students pursuing South or East Asia studies.
- Seniors: must be admitted to a graduate program in South or East Asia studies
- Undergraduates: must be pursuing work in South or East Asia studies through a study abroad program
- Preference is given to those engaged in study of culture and to those with better academic records
Award Amount: $1,500 - $2,000
Visit the Religion Program's scholarship website