Institute for Cultural Heritage Preservation (ICHiP)
- ICHiP will build and sustain local, regional, and global partnerships to promote stewardship of cultural diversity and heritage for the Great Lakes Region. ICHiP will serve as a catalyst to develop new partnerships in cultural resource management.
- ICHiP integrates interdisciplinary approaches to facilitate research and instruction in issues of legal compliance and ethics.
- ICHiP develops formal and informal educational and outreach programs that promote cultural sensitivity and respect for diversity in the region.
- ICHiP conducts heritage planning to promote sustainable activities that mitigate the impact of development on the unique environmental and cultural resources of the Great Lakes Region.
- ICHiP preserves the curates regional archeological data, research and historical archives to facilitate interdisciplinary research by the public and professionals and fosters the training of students.
- ICHiP provides managerial leadership in the area of culture resource management and coordinates the actions of public and private partners in cultural heritage preservation.
- ICHiP ensures that its projects comply with local, state and federal agency protocols and archaeological and historical site impact statements, preservation and stewardships.
- ICHiP promotes formal and informal educational and outreach programs on local and regional great lakes history and archaeology.