What is CampMed?
CampMed provides a hands-on educational summer experience for high school students who are interested in pursuing careers in medicine or other health-related fields. This three-day, overnight event is scholarship-based and provided at no cost to the student.
Throughout the week, students are exposed to the elements of medical school and college life. Staff and faculty will work with the attendees, engaging them in hands-on demonstrations and activities. Accepted applicants, with the assistance of current medical students, will participate in typical medical student activities. Offices across campus will provide important information, including pre-professional academic advising, financial aid, and student life. The participants experience college life by staying in the residence halls, eating in the residential restaurants and participating in organized nightly activities. Camp highlights include:
• Daytime and evening activities with our current medical students.
• A variety of hands-on activities including a casting and suture clinic.
• Participating in medical simulations and learning to take vital signs.
• Must be a high school freshman, sophomore, or junior.
• Must be available to attend all required days of the camp: June 27-29, 2017.
• Complete an application and submit a response to the required essay question.
• Submission of a signed liability waiver.
• Parent or legal guardian signature on all required forms.
Apply for 2017Application packet for 2017CampMed fact sheet
All forms, including application and waiver with parent or legal guardian signature, must be submitted by June 1, 2017.
Space is limited, selected applicants will be notified by June 7.
Please submit completed applications via email to email@example.com
or via fax at (989) 774-7881.