Scholarship funds administered by Central Michigan University College of Medicine are based on financial need and/or academic potential as ascertained by the Scholarship Committee. Preference is given to those students who best fit the mission of the school and the criteria outlined for each scholarship award. Accepted students will be emailed when the scholarship application becomes available each spring.
- Mission fund awards
- CMU College of Medicine Mission Fund awards recognize students whose interests, experiences, and passion closely align with the mission of the College. Students who receive these awards show significant evidence of an ability to help fulfill the College’s vision of preparing diverse, culturally competent physicians to meet the needs of Michigan and beyond.
- Dean's Award
- The CMU College of Medicine grants up to five Dean's Awards annually to out-of-state students who have been accepted to the College of Medicine in pursuit of the Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree. The Deans Award is valued at the difference between the non-Michigan resident tuition rate and the in-state tuition rate.
Recipients of the Deans Award must be in continuous good standing academically and in good standing with the Student Performance and Conduct Committee (SPCC). The Dean’s Award is renewable for up to eight (8) consecutive semesters.
The Deans Award Selection Committee will give preference to applicants admitted to the College of Medicine prior to the AAMC April 30th deadline for notification to all medical schools. The criteria used for selection includes but is not limited to:
- Demonstrated interest working in a primary care specialty field
- Evidence of leadership experience with rural and/or underserved populations
- First generation college student or other disadvantaged status
- Overall record of academic performance
The Deans Award Selection Committee will make recommendations based upon these factors in addition to other supporting factors found in the applicants AMCAS and secondary application documents.
Awardees are eligible for external scholarship funds but cannot be combined with other internal CMU College of Medicine funded merit or scholarship awards. All awards are contingent upon continued funding from institutional sources. If funding for any of your awards is reduced, suspended, or eliminated, the affected awards will be reduced or rescinded accordingly.
Other institutional scholarships
Other CMU College of Medicine institutional scholarships include:
- 1st State Bank Medical Scholarship
- Fabiano Foundation Medical Scholarship
- Flagg Medical School Endowed Scholarship
- CMU President’s Medical Scholarship
- Dr. W.E. and Idonea Hersee Award
- Isabella Bank Endowed Medical Scholarship
- Morey Medical Scholarship
- William and Janet Maar Strickler Scholarship
- Summit Petroleum Medical Scholarship
- Rollin M. Gerstacker Endowed Medical Scholarship
- MidMichigan Health Endowed Scholarship
- Myler Family CEMD Scholarship
- Sid and Judy Smith Award
- Charles Strosacker Endowed Medical Scholarship
- David C. and Linda M. Johnson Medical Scholarship
- Hurt Family Endowed Scholarship
- George Ross Medical Student Scholarship
- Myler Medical School Endowed Scholarship
- Gudipati Medical Endowed Scholarship
- Fred and Joyce Cook Memorial Scholarship