|Thank you for your interest in our program. As with all CMU residency programs, we participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). All applications should be submitted through ERAS. Applications to our residency program should include:|
ERAS common application form with personal statement
Medical school transcripts
Two SLOEs and two letters of recommendation
(minimum of 1 SLOE at application and 2nd one by interview)
USMLE transcripts (MD) OR
COMLEX transcripts (DO)
ECFMG certificate (for international medical graduates only)
- Applications only accepted through ERAS.
- No felony conviction.
- No misdemeanor conviction in the last 3 years.
- No alcohol or drug (prescription or illicit) related convictions including DUI/DWI.
- Matriculation from a medical school that we cannot verify as an LCME or AOA (Must be on the approved California board list).
- Must be a medical school graduate by July 1, 2016, in a U.S. or residency program, on active federal service (e.g. military), or in an advanced degree program while remaining clinically active.
- Passed USMLE Step 1 & 2 CS and 2 CK or COMLEX Level 1 & 2-CE and 2-PE on 1st attempt (applicants with failure of one exam may be reviewed but unlikely to receive an interview).
- No two remediations or reiterations of courses or clerkships
- We do not sponsor H1-B visas. We will follow the ECFMG rules regarding J-1 Visa status.
- We do not prescreen applications prior to submission of ERAS application.
- Medical students interested in Couples Matching should review the
Couples Match Policy before applying.
Invitation for interviews will be extended through ERAS starting in early October. Interviews will take place on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Please refer to our web-based scheduling program (Interview Broker) to schedule your interview.
Please plan to arrive the afternoon prior to your interview. We provide the following for your visit:
Lodging for yourself and your family/significant other
Free breakfast buffet at the hotel and transportation to/from the hotel
An information packet about the city and surrounding areas
Real estate materials to help you locate a home/apartment
Food (If you have any special nutritional needs, just let us know before you arrive).
The evening prior to your interview, you are invited to attend dinner with a group of our residents. Depending on the date, this will occur at a resident's home or at a local restaurant. Please dress casually - this is a time for you to ask questions about the program and the area.
At your interview, you will meet with the Program Director and 2 of our faculty. In addition, you will interview with one of our senior level residents. A short informational presentation as well as a tour of our primary teaching site will be provided.
Questions? Contact Us!
Departmental and Residency CoordinatorMelinda Wardinemail: email@example.com
Phone: (989) 746-7573Fax: (989) 746-7580