Peer-Reviewed Published Articles
, McLean M "Case Review: Brown-Sequard Syndrome" Accepted in the Air Medical Journal
, McLean M "Case Review: Uterine Rupture" Accepted in The Air Medical Journal.
Alburaih A, Alghamdi K
, Wagner MJ. "A comparison of the residents' perception of emergency medicine residency training programs in the United States and Saudi Arabia." Submitted to Emergency Medicine International May 2013.
& Promes S. "Developing a Clinical Competency Committee" Accepted for publication by Journal of Graduate Medical Education.
, Griffen D, Carter M, Moreno-Walton L. "Identifying, Implementing and Promoting Quality and Patient Safety Initiatives: the Changing Emphasis in Residency Training". Submitted for publication to Academic Emergency Medicine.
Beeson MS, Carter WA, Christopher TA, Heidt JW, Jones JH, Meyer LE, Promes SB, Rodgers KG, Shayne PH, Swing SR,
. "The Development of the Emergency Medicine Milestones" Acad Emerg Med. 2013 Jun 19. doi: 10.1111/acem.12157. PMID: 23782404
Beeson MS, Carter WA, Christopher TA, Heidt JW, Jones JH, Meyer LE, Promes SB, Rodgers KG, Shayne PH,
, Swing, SR. "Emergency Medicine Milestones." J Grad Med Educ: March 2013, Vol. 5, No. 1s1, pp. 5-13. JGME-05-01s1-02
, Tilney P,
, Sanders E. "Case Review: Pulmonary Hypertension." The Air Medical Journal 32:3, 111-114. May-June 2013. PMID: 23632216
, Cowling K. "Ocular Inflammation and Infection." Emergency Medicine Clinics of North American,
Volume 31, Issue 2
, Pages 387-397, May 2013, PMID 23601478
Is Pronation Less Painful and More Effective Than Supination for Reduction of a Radial Head Subluxation? Annals of Emergency Medicine, Volume 61, No. 3: March 2013. Published on line 03 Dec 2012. PMID 23207067
"Medic Impression of Patient Care with On Scene Medical Direction" Journal of Emergency Medicine Pending Publication JEM-D-12-00785
"EMT Esophageal Rupture in a 25-Year-Old Man" Vol 31, Issue 5, pgs 189-248, Air Medical Journal Oct 2012. PMID 22938947
, Raja AS. "How Accurate are Rapid Influenza Diagnostic Tests?" Vol 61, No 1, pgs 89-90, January 2013. PMID 22841177
"How Accurate is Ultrasound for the Detection of Pneumothorax?" Ann Emerg Med. 2013 Feb;61(2):207-8. PMID 22841178
Non-Peer-Reviewed Published Articles
Invited Media Review:
Media Review: "A Practical Guide to Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Caring for Children in the Emergency Department. Amieva-Wang NE, Shandro J, Sohoni A, Fassl B (eds). Cambridge Medicine." Acad Emerg Med
Media Review "Color Atlas of Emergency Trauma, 2nd edition". Acad Emerg Med
"Media Review: Imaging of Vertebral Trauma 3rd Ed." Society for Academic Emergency Medicine, 2013.
Media Review: "An Introduction to Clinical Emergency Medicine, 2nd edition" Submitted to Acad Emerg Med, Volume 20, Issue 4, pp E11-E12.
"The ACA and You." EM Resident. February/March 2013, Volume 40, Issue 1.
- "Stewardship of Healthcare Resources," "Duties and responsibilities," "Moral Issues in Disaster Medicine," and "Delivering Bad News." SAEM on-line Ethics Textbook, 2012 SAEM Ethics Curriculum:
. "Small Group Discussion Skills" in Practical Teaching in Emergency Medicine. Eds. RL Rogers. Wiley, John & sons. London: 2012.
. "Using Established Procedural Conference Sessions to Assess Milestone Achievement" Acad Emerg Med – pending publication date
Research Abstract Presentations
. "Using Established Procedural Conference Sessions to Assess Milestone Achievement" CORD Academic Assembly, Denver, CO, March 2013.
- S Sejiney - Invited Oral Presentation (one of 5 abstracts selected for oral presentation at opening session out of 150 abstracts submitted)
- MJ Wagner - Poster Presentation (awarded Best Senior Faculty Presentation)
, Can Auto-dispatch Improve Effectiveness While Maintaining Appropriate Utilization of EMS Flight Services? Poster presentation, NAEMSP 2013 Scientific Assembly, January 2013.
. "Using Established Procedural Conference Sessions to Assess Milestone Achievement" Poster presentation. EMRAM Resident Day, April 2013.
Alghamdi K, Alburaih A
& Wagner MJ. "Evaluating the Saudi Emergency Residency training programs in comparison to US training from residents' perspective" Oral presentation. EMRAM Resident Day, April 2013.
– Annals of Emergency Medicine
– Seventh Mediterranean Emergency Medicine Congress, Marseilles, France
Other Scholarly Activity
M Willy – CORD Academic Assembly abstract reviewer, January 2013
– CORD Grants Reviewer, January 2013.
– ACEP Scientific Assembly, Vice Chair – Course Director – October 2012-13
– Judge, "Scientific Research Exhibit Competition", Michigan Osteopathic Association Spring Meeting, Novi, MI May 2013.
– Moderator, "Stroke Research", Michigan Osteopathic Association Spring Meeting, Novi, MI May 2013.
- "EMRAM SIMWARS" Course director Emergency Medicine Residents Association of Michigan, Lansing, MI - April 2013
, - "Mock Oral Boards Course" Faculty Examiner, Emergency Medicine Residents Association of Michigan, Detroit, MI - March 2013
– "MCEP Scientific Assembly" Conference Course Director, Michigan College of Emergency Physicians, Mackinac Island, MI – July 2012
Key:Resident & Fellow name =
BoldSynergy Faculty name =