Peer-Reviewed Published Articles
- Bertucci N., Cowling K. Is Hyperpronation More Effective Than Supination for Reduction of a Radial Head Subluxation? Annals of emergency medicine. 2018. [pubmed]
- Bazakis AM., Deibel JP. Fatal Accidents. StatPearls [Internet]. 2018
- Mandoorah S., Mead T. Phrenic Nerve Injury. StatPearls [Internet]. 2018
- Dice TJ., Mead T. Oxycodone. StatPearls [Internet]. 2018
- Kim KH., Schaller DJ. Nitroglycerin. StatPearls [Internet]. 2018
- Burger MK., Schaller DJ. Physiology, Acidosis, Metabolic. StatPearls [Internet]. 2018
- Ferreri TG., Weir AJ. EMS, Improvised Explosive Devices and Terrorist Activity. StatPearls [Internet]. 2018
- Thoma B., Sebok-Syer SS., Krishnan K. Individual Gestalt Is Unreliable for the Evaluation of Quality in Medical Education Blogs: A METRIQ Study. Annals of emergency medicine. 2017; 70(3):394-401. [pubmed] (House N., Gau S. and Mead T. cited as contributors)
- Singleton W., McLean M., Smale M. An Analysis of the Temperature Change in Warmed Intravenous Fluids During Administration in Cold Environments. Air medical journal. 2017; 36(3):127-130. [pubmed]
- Hakman EN., Cowling KM. Embolism, Paradoxical. StatPearls [Internet]. 2017.
- Bazakis AM., Weir AJ. Procaine Penicillin. StatPearls [Internet]. 2017
- Wagner MJ. Peer IX. ACEP. Dallas, TX, 2017.
Non Peer-Reviewed Published Articles
Invited Media Review:
- Cowling K., Dumas R. Care Bundles in Emergency Medicine. By Timothy Williamson, Bilal Salman, Rachael Boddy, and Matthew Cooke; foreword by Peter Cameron. London: Radcliffe Publishing Ltd., 2014; 144 pp; $21.90 (paperback). Academic emergency medicine: official journal of the Society for Academic Emergency Medicine. 2017; 24(8):1036. [pubmed]
- Lawrence A. and McLaren E. Managing Obstetric Emergencies and Trauma: The Moet Course Manual, Revised 3rd Editoin. Edited by Sara Paterson-Brown and Charlotte Howell, Cambridge: University Press, 2016; 499 pp + index; $110 (paperback). Academic emergency medicine; 2017: 778-9.
- Mead T. and Kershnar L. Sex and Gender in Acute Care Medicine. By Alyson J. McGregor, Esther K. Choo, and Bruce M.Becker. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2016; 235 pp + index; $99.99 (softcover). Academic emergency medicine; 2017: 778-9.
- Cowling K. and Slear A. Broken Bones: The Radiologic Atlas of Fractures and Dislocations, Second Edition.By Felix S. Chew, Catherine Maldijan, and Hyojeong Mulcahy. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2016; 398 + ix pp; $56.92 (softcover). Academic emergency medicine; 2017.
- Vance S., Jacob S., and Koshak A. Emergency Medicine Oral Board Review Illustrated, 2nd Ed. Edited by Yasuharu Okuda and Bret P. Nelson. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2015; 627+ xxii pp; $89.99 (paperback). Academic emergency medicine; 2016: E13.
Other National Publications:
- Cowling K. and Mullins M. Flesh and Blood: Stab Wounds. Critical Decisions in Emergency Medicine; 2017.
- Cowling K. and House N. Once Bitten, Twice Shy: Mammalian Bites. Critical Decisions in Emergency Medicine; 2017.
Research Abstract Presentations
- Figg B., Thompson M., Wagner MJ. “Tools for Wellness: Community-Wide Physician Well-being Resident Workshop” poster presented at AHME Annual Meeting, May 2017.
- Sewell P, Gage AL., Wagner MJ. Hospital Nursing Staff Access to Residency Procedural Qualifications” poster presented at ACGME Annual Educational Conference, March 2017.
- Perzhinsky J., Kubczak S., Thompson M., Russell M., Morse A., Smith L., Evan J., Ganti S., Sarkaria H., Figg B., Sturza R., Sullivan M., Wagner MJ., Dhar P. Implementing a multi-site collaborative for Quality Improvement and Research to Enhance Patient Safety (QI REPS)” poster presented at ACGME Annual Educational Conference, March 2017.
- Currie C., Masters S., Vance S. “Using linear optimization to assign students to clinical rotations in a distributed campus model" poster presented at AAMC, November 2016.
- Deibel M. and Lowry J. “The Educational Value of Working as a Medical Scribe” poster presented at AAMC Annual Meeting, November 2016.
- McLean M., Goyt P., Persyn C., Deibel J., Cheng CI., Alkhalifah MA., Koshak AK., Gau S., Regina N. “Splinting Instructional Tool Trial (SITT): a Simulation Study” poster presented at CMU Research Symposium, April 2016.
Other Scholarly Activity
- Mead T., Goyt P. “5 Ways to Save a Life with Ultrasound,” City of Roses Community Emergency Medicine Conference. Ontario, November 2017
Key:Resident & Fellow name =
BoldFaculty name =
- Wagner N. “Maintenance and Upkeep of your EMS Fellowship,” National Association of EMS Physicians, San Diego, CA, January 2018
- Wolf M. CPC Resident Presenter, CORD, San Antonio, TX, April 2018
- Hunt A. CPC Faculty Presenter, CORD, San Antonio, TX April 2018
- Deibel J. CPC Judge, CORD, San Antonio, TX, April 2018
- Bazakis A. “Breaking Bad News,” Annual Meeting American Association Emergency Psychiatry. Scottsdale, AZ, December 2017
- Cowling K. Visual Odyssey, Wheeling, WV, OVMC visit, December 2017
- Cowling K.”Planning for a Career in EM,” AAEM/RSA Midwest Medical Student Symposium, Loyola Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, September 2017
- Vance S. Instructional Design,” ACEP Teaching Fellowship, Dallas, TX, August 2016
- Bazakis A. and Deibel J. Co-Directors, EMRAM SimWars, Saginaw, MI, April 2018
- McLean S. “Thoracic Trauma: A Case Study,” Region 3 Trauma Symposium, March 2018
- Goodrich A. “Introduction to EMRAM,” MCEP Medical Student Symposium, Boyne City MI, January 2018
- Cowling K. “Medical Ethics for the ED Doc,” MCEP Winter Symposium, Boyne City MI, January 2018
- Schaller D. “Are you a first round draft pick? How to make yourself a blue chip prospect,” MCEP Medical Student Symposium, Boyne City MI, January 2018
- Deibel J. “GI,” EMRAM In-Training Review Course, Howell, MI, January 2018
- Weir A. “Pediatrics,” EMRAM In-Training Review Course, Howell, MI, January 2018
- Hunt A. Organizer, MOA Scientific Research Exhibition, November 2017
- Wagner, N. “Spinal Immobilization: Where are We Now?” UP-EMS, September 2017
- Wagner, N. “Excited Delirium: New Insights” UP-EMS, September 2017
- Mead T. Co-Director Michigan College of Emergency Physicians Emergency Medicine Assembly, Mackinac Island, MI, July 2017
- Hunt A., “Zika Update,” Michigan College of Emergency Physicians Emergency Medicine Assembly, Mackinac Island, MI, July 2017
- Hunt A. “Zika Update,” MOA Clinical Symposium, June 2017
- Hunt A. Co-Chair, MOA Clinical Symposium, June 2017
- Deibel J., Deibel M. and McLaren E. Examiner, MCEP Mock Oral Boards, Detroit, MI, May 2017
- Bazakis A. and Deibel J. Co-Directors, EMRAM SimWars, Saginaw, MI, April 2017
- Mclaren E. and Schaller D. Judge, EMRAM SimWars, Saginaw, MI, April 2017
- Schaller D. “Pediatric Emergencies,” EMRAM In-Training Review Course, Howell, MI, Jan 2017