Application and Interview Process for Internal Medicine
Interviews for the Central Michigan University Internal Medicine Residency program begin in October and run through January. Eight first-year slots are available each year.
- Applications only accepted through ERAS.
- Must be a medical school graduate by July 1, 2015, in a U.S. or residency program, on active federal service (e.g. military), or in an advanced degree program while remaining clinically active.
- Medical school must be on the approved California medical board list.
- Passed USMLE Step 1 & 2 CS and 2 CK or COMLEX Level 1 & 2-CE and 2-PE on 1st attempt (applicants with failure of one exam may be reviewed but unlikely to receive an interview)
- Must not have repeated or remediated more than 1 medical school course or clerkship.
- We do not sponsor H1-B visas. We will follow the ECFMG rules regarding J-1 Visa status.
- We do not prescreen applications prior to submission of ERAS application.
- Medical students interested in Couples Matching should review the
Couples Match Policy before applying.
Applications to our residency programs should include:
- ERAS common application form with personal statement
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation - 2 of which must be from Internal Medicine
- USMLE transcripts (MD) OR
- COMLEX transcripts (DO)
- ECFMG certificate (for international medical graduates only)
What we provide on interview day:
- Dinner the night before your interview.
- Lodging for yourself and your family/significant other.
- Welcome letter and package.
- Free breakfast buffet at the hotel and transportation to/from the hotel.
- Lunch the day of your interview with residents and faculty.
- One-on-one interviews with faculty members.