We have submitted our application for our General Surgery Residency program to the ACGME and we successfully completed our site visit on October 3, 2017. We anticipate the notice of approval in January.
Pending our approval, we will be interviewing candidates to start in our program on July 1, 2018. We will be accepting PGY-1 residents.
If you would like to be considered for a position, please submit the following documents in ONE application PDF packet, via e-mail only, to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- ERAS Application or Curriculum Vitae (must be in chronological order with no unexplained gaps in training) along with Medical School transcript and diploma from a LCME approved school along with MSPE/Dean's Letter.
- USMLE Step I, II, III scores – all steps must be passed on the first attempt.
- Three current letters of recommendation.
- Statement of citizenship or visa status.
- Personal statement
- Foreign Medical Graduates must have a valid ECFMG certificate.
Successful applicants will be notified via email for an interview. No phone calls please.
John Blebea MD MBA
Chair and Residency Program Director, Department of Surgery
Central Michigan University College of Medicine
Saginaw, MI 48601