- CMU Health was formed in 1968 to coordinate the medical education activities in the Saginaw community.
- We offer fully-accredited residency programs in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Psychiatry and Internal Medicine.
- We provide educational experience to residents and medical students in Pediatrics, Psychiatry and International Health.
The corporation's primary educational missions include undergraduate medical education (third and fourth year medical students), residency training and continuing medical education for physicians in Saginaw County and beyond.
- We are one of the largest multi-specialty practices north of Detroit.
- We have approximately 260 employees of which 110 are physician faculty and residents.
- We graduate 24 specialty trained physicians annually.
- Our residents rotate among our member hospitals which have a combined bed capacity of nearly 800.
The administrative offices for our residency programs and the majority of our patient clinics are located at 1000 Houghton, in close proximity to Covenant HealthCare and St. Mary's of Michigan hospitals.
- Generations Family Care, our family medicine clinic, is located four miles north of our main campus.
- Between the two clinic locations we provide health services to over 40,000 patients each year.
- We have a medical library that is housed in the CMU Partners Building on the Covenant Healthcare campus and a branch library located on the second floor at St. Mary's of Michigan.
The CMU College of Medicine will prepare diverse, culturally competent physicians focused on improving access to high quality health care in Michigan with an emphasis on rural and medically underserved regions. Our graduates will aspire to excellence in providing patient-centered and evidenced-based care to their patients and their communities. We will engage physicians in leading health care transformation, lifelong learning and team-based education.
We will facilitate the transformation of health care in Central and Northern Michigan through:
- Delivering innovative programs in medical education.
- Preparing our students to incorporate the College of Medicine's values into their daily lives.
- Promoting inter-professionalism and team-based approaches in progressive health care.
- Creating team-based educational opportunities and programs.
- Creating an environment supportive of lifelong learning for our graduates, faculty, staff and partners.
Supporting and serving community educational needs across the continuum of medical education.
In all that we do, we
strive for integrity, respect, empathy, inclusiveness, social responsibility,
excellence and innovation.