Borrowing and Renewing
A library card is required to checkout library materials. If you do not have a card, please
click here for information on how to obtain a library card. Borrowing and renewal times vary by materials:
- General Collection - 4 week checkout with one renewal, if there are no holds placed on the item
- Limited Collection - 1 week check out with no renewal, if there are no holds placed on the item
- Reference - Not available for checkout
- Journals - Not available for checkout
- Audiovisual Equipment - Times vary; please contact us for more information
Journal Article Request
Our staff is available to assist you with locating journal articles. Please complete the
article request form, call us at 989.746.7577 or fax your request to 989.746.7582. When calling or faxing your request, please provide as much information as possible, including the Journal Name, Article Title, Volume, Issue, and Page Numbers. In the unlikely event we do not have immediate access to the article, we will try to borrow it from another library (see Interlibrary Loans below)
If we do not have a book or journal article that you are looking for, we can try to obtain it from another library as an interlibrary loan (ILL). Requests are usually processed within 1 business day. Most generally, journal article requests are filled within 2-3 days and books usually are received within 2-3 weeks.
If you are an affiliated patron there is no fee for this service for work-related material.