- There is no specific number that means too many medications. However, the risk of interactions increase if you are taking eight or more medications at one time.
What is the most important thing I can do to help manage my medications?
- Don’t be shy about asking your doctor questions. If you have questions about the dose or how to take the medicine, you should ask your doctor or pharmacist before starting the prescription.
- Should you experience any reactions or side-effects after starting a new medication, you should contact your doctor immediately.
What are examples of things that can interact with prescription drugs?
- Things like over-the-counter medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, pain relievers and cold medicines can interact with certain prescription drugs.
- Alcohol, tobacco, and caffeine can also react when combined with some medications.
Again, it is important to inform you doctor of
all medications you take regularly.