Covenant Healthcare and St. Mary’s of Michigan are the two principal hospitals in Saginaw that have affiliations with the residency program.
- Total of approximately 1,000 beds
- Large patient referral base of more than 800,000 that comes from the 14 surrounding counties, which include much of the northern and central parts of the southern peninsula of Michigan.
- Two local Level 2 trauma centers.
- Pediatric intensive care unit.
- Neonatal intensive care unit.
- State-of-the-art neurosurgical intensive care unit.
- Advanced cardiac and cardio thoracic services.
- Advanced neurosurgical services.
- New, state-of-the-art surgical theaters.
- Advanced imaging and diagnostics capabilities.
Central Michigan UniversityOur CMU Health clinics and services in Saginaw serve as the East campus of Central Michigan University College of Medicine. Benefits include: resources of a major university, resident academic appointments, opportunity to teach medical students. University of MichiganCMU Health also shares close ties with the University of Michigan. Our residents spend one month in Ann Arbor for transplant surgery. In addition, University of Michigan faculty provide several guest lectures throughout the year.